Nowdays there are many people become interested in of being a security guard. For some people there are some benefits of being a security guard. They loves the job and they works with pleasant feeling.
Security Guard Requirements in New York
New York is one of the biggest state in U.S. If you're planning to become a security guard in this state you have to follow the rules. In order to become a security guard in the State of New York, you must:
- Your age must be at least 18 years old
- Be a citizen or resident alien of the U.S.
- Pass an FBI background check (with no serious convictions or felonies)
- Submit your fingerprint through L-1 Enrollment Services (more on this below)
- Take an 8-hour “pre-assignment” training course, which you must complete and pass prior to applying to the Department of State for a Security Guard Registration Card.
After you've your registration card in hand, then you can start work as a security guard. Within the first 90 days after employment, you have to complete an additional 16 hours of on-the-job training.
Lastly, every year after that you need to complete 8 hours of additional “maintenance” training to keep your registration valid.
- Security Guard Requirements in Michigan
- Security Guard Resume Sample
- Security Guard Requirement in Utah
- Security Guard Requirements in North Carolina
In addition, for your security guard training, you can call any of these approved security guard schools in New York. The schools on this approved list can be used for the 8 hour pre-assignment training, your 16 hours of additional on-the-job-training, as well as your annual maintenance training. School fees is going to apply.
Please remember that all classes have to attended live. There are no approved online training schools available in New York, and taking an online course approved for another state doesn't qualify as well.
The New York State Department of State Division of Licensing Services is where you are going actually apply for your security guard registration card after your initial 8-hours of training. Along with your application, you will need to submit your fingerprint for your background check. This is done through something called L-1 Enrollment Services, which help you electronically scan your fingerprint, and they’ll give you receipts for proof that you include in your application.
Then, you can use the Employee Statement and Security Guard Employer Application to apply.
$36.00 for Security Guard Registration ($25 for renewal, every 2 years)
It should be paid via money order, company check, or cashier’s check. No personal checks or credit cards. Checks payable to NYS Department of State.
- Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) Fee: $75.00
- FBI fee: $19.25
- Fingerprint Vendor fee: $11.50
- Total all of fingerprinting fee: $105.75
Check, money order or credit card. Checks payable to L-1 Enrollment Services.
Make sure you remember, after you have receive your registration card, then you can start work as a security guard. Within the first 90 days, you will need to complete an additional 16 hours of training.
Those the security guard requirements in the state of New York. Last words, congrats to, bro!
- nys security guard license application
- nys approved security guard training schools
- nys security guard license number
- armed security guard training cost
- security guard training near me
- security guard license lookup
- nys armed guard license waiver
- nys security guard license status